Following our previous post on which data to track when you want t increase the volume of visitors on your site, we have created a useful list with details on how to increase the click through rate (CTR) for your Ads.
In case you are having trouble with your Ad-word’s’s campaigns (or any other aspect of digital marketing) , remember you can always contact Voovadigital with your questions, we love helping businesses get the best out of the internet! Now let’s get down to business:
Here are our (technically Google’s) suggestions on improving CTR.
- Highlight what makes your product or service unique: Do you offer free delivery? Do you provide a particularly beautiful package? Do you offer a special money return policy? Do you have a satisfaction guaranteed strategy? Well, you should be making sure you mention any of these, consumers are attracted to the factor that make you competitive and unique so you need to let them know of their existence.
- Write prices and promotions: It’s a fact potential buyers are more likely to click on your ads if you are showing them from the beginning how much your product/service cost. Along the same lines, if you are offering a special price promotion or a temporary discount, make sure you include them on your ads. These little numbers increase both the relevancy and how compelling they are for your customers (tell me you never fell pray to a 50% discount sign
- Make sure you make it easy for users to take action: Including a very clear Call To Action (CTA) link within your ads. People are more likely to click on the add if it includes a clear link to what they should do next. Examples of good CTA terms include things like Book Now, Get Discount, Place an Order Here, Contact Us, Send Us An Email or any other relevant action potential consumers should do to obtain the product/service they were searching for.
- Include your key words in the ad (at least one of them): This will increase the amount of people that click on your Ad (thus increasing the amount of people that visit your site) since you are helping Google understand clearly what you are offering and match it with what a potential customer customer is searching for. On top of this, when you keyword matches the word of the search query, Google will automatically highlight that particular word. For example, if you are selling red leather shoes, make sure you include this particular set of words in your ad so in case someone is looking for exactly that, your ad will show with the word highlighted. By doing this you will also avoid your ad showing for people looking for ‘Men Leather Shoes’ who will be much less likely to be interested in your ‘Red Women Shoes’ (which will happen if you only mention ‘Shoes’ in your Ad, which is a less relevant term to the type of shoes you are selling)
- Match the Ad to the landing page: Now this one is a very important factor. If people are looking for ‘Black formal shirts for men’ and they click on your Ad which included the key words ‘Black shirts for men’ and you take them to your homepage instead to the page where you can buy ‘black shirts men for men’ it is very likely people will just bounce back to the search page and click on another Ad that shows them exactly what they want to see i.e black shirts for men, until they find one that looks formal. User in the internet are very keen on their time (or lazy if you like) so if you don’t give them exactly what they are searching for in the quickest way, they will just hit the ‘back’ button on their browser and head to another website.
- Make sure you develop your website on a responsive platform so you appeal to mobile users: This implies including a phone link on your ad (so they can call you directly with on tap of their screens) and an address so , in case they are near by, they can just drop by your business. You should also make sure your website and landing pages work well in responsive for all sizes of mobile devices, whether users are using their phones or phones, you want them to see your add properly so they can get in contact with you (or make a purchase directly from their device)
- Experiment, change, adapt and repeat: A big part of becoming proficient at using Google Adwords is to be able to identify whats working for you, what is not accomplishing your objectives, improve on it and run it again to see the new results. Create at least 2 (try not to use more than 4) similar ads, play around with different terms, different sentence structures, different call to actions and identify those that are working best (keep those) and then continue to improve and change the ones that are not producing the best results. Eventually you will end up with a few really good and effective ads that will constantly bring new visits to your site.
Watch these Google videos on CTR:
As you can see from the list above, there are many ways to improve the CTR on your Google Ads. If you follow the steps above carefully, you will notice an increase on the number of visitors that are attracted (thus click) on your ads.
We have mentioned it before, but it is never a bad a idea to keep reminding ourselves that being successful when using Ad-words does take a lot of trial and error. You should start implementing the tips one by one and test the results, if you see any positive growth in any particular Ad keep that one, get rid of any Ad which doesn’t seem to have the same effect and replace it with a very similar copy of the one that did give you results i.e take the Ad that was working and improve on it with the tips given in the list. After a few months of repeating this process you will likely end up with 2-4 Ads that are very effective at bringing potential customers into your website.
Latest posts by Voova Digital (see all)
- Quality Assurance (QA) Software Tester– ผู้ทดสอบซอฟต์แวร์ - 30/09/2020
- Graphic / UI Designer - 24/02/2020