A lot of people fail to understand how Google organizes it’s advertisement network, don’t forget that with billions of possible websites and virtual places where your ads can appear, there has to be some kind of order and categorization to make things easier!
The main 2 networks where you ads will appear are known as the Display and the Search Network. Lets go over the main difference and characteristics, they will help you understand a little more how Google really does what it does (never forget the entire Google network produces an excess of 40 billion USD per year in advertisement revenue)
The Display Network:
This a collection of Google partner websites and mobile apps where your display Ads (generally composed of both pictures/videos and useful text information) can potentially appear at. Youtube, Gmail and Google finance are some of the most famous Google property sites that will show your display ads, the rest of the network is composed of millions of other ‘Google partner sites’.
What advantages does the display network have:
- Very good when you want to increase your product/business brand awareness as it allows for graphics to be displayed throughout the internet.
- Perfect for re-branding or product launch situations as you can literally show potential clients your new features with pictures and videos
- Here’s a description of the Network in Google’s own words (and friendly animation!):
The Search Network:
Have you ever noticed all the links to websites that appear above and on the sides of Google Search Pages (also known as SERP’s) well my fiend, those are the Search Network Ads! Each single one of those links are paid advertisement that reach you on your desktop and mobile version of Google search, and are a very powerful tool for attracting potential customers to your business (without having to work hard to get to the top of Google organically).
The way this system works is by showing your Ads to users based on the keywords that they used to search for what ever they are looking for. If you believe you can provide a service or product that can satisfy certain specific search queries, then you should invest in Adwords! The more specific the keyword you choose the higher the likeability that people will become clients (provided your service/product matches what the user is looking for)
As an example, lets say you sell pizzas in Pattaya and that you have a delivery service. This means you are interested in showing your ads to anyone who is searching for the terms ‘Pizza delivery Pattaya’ or ‘Where to eat pizzas in Pattaya’ or ‘best Pizza restaurant in Pattaya’, all of the people searching for those terms have a high likeability of consuming your product (given they find what you are offering in your ad interesting). By smartly placing your promotions, prices and extra services within your Ad, you can start reaching an entire customer base you hadn’t think of before!
What is the Search Network good for:
- Tapping into new potential customers that are searching for your products/services
- Finding people that want to buy your product and provide them with a gate way to do so
- Targeting specific geographical areas where you are more likely to make a sale, in the pizza example given before for instance, you have the option to show your ad in a 5 kilometer radius around your shop (where the most amount of potential customer live), this way you can guarantee anyone searching for the term ‘Pizza’ near you will provably come across your product!
Here’s another quick animation from Google that tries to exemplify what’s explained above just a bit further:
Remember you always have the power to show your ads on both or either of the networks based on your necessities and objectives. As we explored above, each of the networks offers different features and advantages depending on what is your Adwords campaign objectives, at the end of the day, testing is essential before deciding what really works for your business/product. Why not drop us a line and start finding out how you can use Adwords effectively, we are here to help and answer all your questions, try us! You will see results fast.
Latest posts by Voova Digital (see all)
- Quality Assurance (QA) Software Tester– ผู้ทดสอบซอฟต์แวร์ - 30/09/2020
- Graphic / UI Designer - 24/02/2020