There are many aspects we need to engage in order to achieve the roadmap for success in SEO or search engine optimisation. Let’s discuss one of the best aspects that demonstrate a long–term sustainable growth of organic traffic on your website and understand better about how to earn inbound links or backlinks.
Inbound links are essential in SEO, earning links is one of the most difficult parts but if done right, it is highly rewarding. Why?
Because search engines care more about links. From the many of Google’s algorithm updates, search result page ranking factor is influenced by high–quality inbound links going to your website.
So how can we earn these links?
To earn those links, we have to create content that’s worthy of being linked to. Like content that will act as a source.
Writers are constantly seeking out sources that can help back up their claims, provide further context for readers, or support an argument. If you have made your content that can serve as a citation, you’re really in a good position to earn a lot of inbound links. Also, you will increase your chance of exposure and gain direct traffic from other sites.
It is really important that you have a clear understanding of what to do when creating your content. If you find it a daunting task, let a professional digital marketing company handle everything for you, such as Voova Digital. We have the services and professionals to help any businesses in need of digital marketing advice and assistance.
Important Guidelines Before Creating Your Content
Here are few of the important guidelines that you should know before creating your content.
1. Start by picking your target audience.
2. Research information that will be most valuable to your readers.
3. Do keyword research by identifying possible search keywords or other relevant search phrases that readers will potentially use.
4. Take note and add these keyword phrases to your content.
5. Search for relevant links and especially high–quality links to add in your content. It will create possible backlinking opportunities to your website.
6. Use and optimise anchor texts to combine it with your links.
All these guidelines can assist you in producing high–quality content and possibly can act as a source for other websites.
What Types of Content to Create that Build Links?
Nowadays, thanks to Google, it is no longer difficult to find information or do research on your particular topic. You just need to invest your time and effort in selecting which useful information is the most suitable for your content. In fact, there are many strong topics that you can come up with and here are just few samples.
- Write about the latest news, benchmark reports or trending topics.
- Create complete guides for beginners.
- Use compiled facts and statistics to give further context to your readers.
- Put together examples and lists to clearly define ideas, techniques and strategies.
- Provide enough information that can effectively solve your readers’ problem.
- Create an organised checklist to help readers review their work.
Once you have already chosen your best topic, you can start working on your content and be sure not to forget inserting links by using proper anchor text.
Outreach & Promote Your Content
Outreach and content promotion are among of the best ways to earn links.
For content promotion, by using social media platforms, it serves as an introduction to a more broader audience.
While outreach, by direct messaging, it provides an immediate connection with your target audience.
Both have proven beneficial effects that will help gain momentum in earning more backlinks and organically attract more links to your audience.
Whether you choose an outreach or promotion, the key point is you still need to promote your content so people can discover your existing or recently added content.
- Focus on creating the right type of content for your readers.
- Write content for your readers, not for search engines. Remember that your readers are the ones deciding on whether they will backlink to your website or not.
- Also, a single piece of content will not be enough to expect a good outcome.
- If you are serious about achieving positive results, a sustained effort in producing several pieces of content is needed.
- An outreach and promotion is a long–term commitment in order to be successful.
- Add social media to your outreach and promotion campaign.
By doing all of these, not only will you get the chance to boost your opportunity and reach, but also earn links and increase traffic to your website.
If you need any advice on content production or about digital marketing, it is a better idea to speak with a professional digital marketing company. Voova Digital can help fill the gaps and give you valuable advice. So contact us and our expert teams will be happy to assist you in any of your digital marketing issues.
Latest posts by Voova Digital (see all)
- How to Improve Your Link Building Outreach Profile - 10/10/2018
- Internal Linking & Mobile First - 05/10/2018
- Free Instagram Analytics Apps for 2018 - 24/09/2018