Do you have a website and still aren’t making as much money as you previously expected? Well, Google might have a very powerful tool to help you gain some extra income from all your work.
Before we get into the possibilities that Google Adsence offers your growing business, do let me tell you at Voova Digital know how to make the perfect website for your business, if you stumbled here looking for some help on how to get the best out of the digital world, don’t hesitate to contact us on anything related to Online marketing, Social Media Marketing and Google Adwords (Pay Per Click advertisement) we are the perfect partner for your business to start making some hard cash on the web. Now lets get down to the important part, how do you make money quicker out of your existing site:
What exactly is Google Adsence?
As we talked about in one of our past articles exploring the difference between the display and search network, Goolge has certain ‘partner’ website where it displays it’s Ads based on topic. As an example, if you have a surfing blog and a lot of people visiting it, Google is interested in showing these visitors (who are very likely interested in surfing, thus provably interested in buying surfing gear) advertisement from websites that sell surfing equipment (and who also are paying Google to show their products to potential customers). Adsence is the way to tell Google ‘Here, I got this website on this topic, please show related advertisement and give me money if people click on these Ads’
In master Google’s own words: “Google AdSense is a free, simple way for website publishers of all sizes to earn money by displaying targeted Google ads on their websites. ”. If you have a website that is receiving a lot of volume and you wish to start monetizing that, Google Absence is the fastest (being free is also a plus here) way to do so.
Where to begin installing Google Absense:
For ease (and given most modern sites are built with it) we will examine the steps required to set up Adsence on your WordPress site (do let Voova Digital know if you need a responsive WordPress site custom built to your business)
- You must have a G rated site:
Google will not allow it’s Ads to be displayon any adult content websites or other sites that have controversial/ hateful content
- You must have a Google Absence privacy page on your site:
Once you get the policy all you have to do is add it to the page you just created. Presto! Now you have all the requirements you need to get the Adsence code and start caching in on all those visitors!
Applying to Adsence:
Ok, now lets make sure you are already logged onto your personal Google account and head to Google’s official Adsence sign up page (LINK https://www.google.com/adsense/signup) here you will be presented with 2 options: Either add Adsence to the personal account you are already logged in as , or, create/add a new/different Google account (choose as you see fit here i.e use the account you are using for your website).
Getting the Adsence code installed
- Head to the top left corner once you are inside your Adsence account and look at the tabs, one of them will say ‘My ads’, click on that one. Next head to the ‘New ad unit’, click that button and a new window will open.
- On this new window insert the required information, you have to specify the name of the ad (I personally like to name it after the page where the ad appears, i.e if the ad will be display on my home page I would name that ad ‘homepage’), the ad dimensions (if you aren’t too sure which one will look good on your website’s design you can try all the ‘Recommended’ options first) ad type (it’s not a bad idea to choose the ‘text & display ads’) and back-up ads which will affect what Google will do in case they can’t display an ad (I would choose leave blank space)
- Finally choose the style of the ad. The original Google ad style tends to get the highest Click-Through-Rate though you might want the ads to integrate better with your website on which case you need to select a different style accordingly (you can see a small ad preview on your right so that you can see what it will look like).
- Well done! We are pretty much finished, just click on ‘Save and Get Code’ button and you will get this precious piece of code.
Installing the code:
On a non-WordPress website:
Now, it all depends how comfortable you are with coding and if you have a WordPress website or not. If you do not have WordPress you have to install the code inside thetag of the page you want the ad to display on. It’s a pretty easy task but you need to be slightly comfortable with editing the pages code
Download one of the many plug-ins created for this purpose and they will automatically install the code on your page. I personally started using the new official Google Absence plug-in, is not perfect yet as it on it’s beta version, but given is from Google themselves its only a matter of time until is the best one out there.
Well done! You have installed Adsence on your website and now you are ready to start ripping the monetary benefits of all that traffic passing through your website. Good luck, don’t click your own ads and have a happy and prosperous click season!
Latest posts by Voova Digital (see all)
- Quality Assurance (QA) Software Tester– ผู้ทดสอบซอฟต์แวร์ - 30/09/2020
- Graphic / UI Designer - 24/02/2020