Pay Per Click (PPC) might sound the answer to all your prayers in regards to guiding more traffic to your site and increasing your business.
However, if not set up correctly a PPC campaign can become expensive very quickly. So how can you gauge if you are getting the most out of your paid ads?
Firstly, it is important to realise that starting a new AdWords campaign you are not yet being ranked on the single most important factor, and that is Click Through Rate. This is the biggest element for determining how relevant your AdWords campaign is for the audience that it is targeted at.
There are three elements to bear in mind when you are considering starting a PPC campaign.
Most people consider PPC as a quick fix to launch a new site or to assist when things start to slow down.
But setting up a good and coherent PPC campaign takes skill, a thorough understanding of advertising platforms and knowledge of Google’s rules and guidelines.
Once you have a secure a solid platform to work from then your PPC campaign can be tweaked and tinkered to get the best results.
When PPC is done right you have made a sound investment and hopefully making a nice return on that investment. Even when business is good, PPC can continue to drive revenue and is an excellent way to launch a new product, new event, new updates, new reference guides etc.
In essence PPC can and should be a long term partner.
Sometimes a poorly set up PPC campaign can be a money magnet, and you will see an extraordinary fast spend. When this occurs it can often be down to one runaway key word and you must be aware that action needs to be taken.
- Review all your keywords – Look for problems, is the match type too loose? Or perhaps you need to add some negative keywords. Perhaps consider starting your campaign with a tight match type, like exact match.
- Look at your settings – There are two choices with regard to targeting in the settings, display network or search network. Make sure that if it is search campaign you are only targeting the search network.
Last, but definitely not least is the problem of low-click rate or even worse zero clicks. If you have multiple impressions with zero clicks then there is a problem with your keywords or your ad.
There are two main areas to check if this occurs:
- Check on Keywords – There could be one rogue keyword in an ad group that is causing the problem.
- Analyze Ad Messaging – If your keywords analysis check out then test out your ad messaging. It is a good idea to look how your competitors site and how they advertise the same product.
The main overriding point to setting up a PPC campaign is that it has to be done professionally and correctly. Otherwise good money will just pour out of your business with either no or little benefit.
A good way of ensuring this is by using a proper digital marketing company that has the experience of AdWords and conducting an effective campaign.
If you like the idea about creating an immediate presence on the web then why not consider setting up a Google Adwords PPC campaign.
To find out more, contact our friendly team today on:
- Thailand: +66 (0) 38 232 103
- UK: +44 (0) 20 7097 1235
- Australia: +61 (0) 28 006 2737
Or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org